Ecotex® AP Blue Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is an all-purpose ready-to-use emulsion that holds excellent detail. Ecotex® Emulsion is a pre-sensitized all-purpose blue emulsion to conquer silk screening and works with UV and plastisol ink systems. This photopolymer emulsion works great with most exposure units. We do not recommend this plastisol emulsion with a weak light source/DIY unit or an exposure unit that uses black light.
- Pre-sensitized - no mixing needed
- Excellent print definition on any mesh
- Durable on for long print runs
- Virtually pinhole free
- 12-month shelf life
- Works with plastisol, and UV inks
- Do not use with a weak light source or blacklights
Screen printing emulsion can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take a look at our emulsion guide - Which Emulsion To Use?
Apply AP Blue Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques. It’s recommended you eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
AP Blue Emulsion Exposure Time:
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed.
- 10 – 12 seconds with LED Light
- 6.5 - 7 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo for water-based Inks: 1 week
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, the emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Help make a great stencil
My son is learning about screen printing. This product works great nice solid stencil
It works. Not a lot of room for error.
Not a lot of room for error when coating screen. Viscosity seems lower than other emulsions. Image Washes out quicker than other emulsions. With proper coat and exposure, it will withstand a little beating with the pressure washer.
Some of the best emulsion I’ve ever used
Honestly I thought about writing a poor review to dissuade peopling from buying this stuff so I can keep it for myself. This product is simply fantastic. Moving from a hobbyist position to becoming more established printer this stuff has been helpful and convenient for getting quality prints. Would buy again.