Dual Cure Blue Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is a fast exposing emulsion that requires the addition of diazo. This 2-part emulsion is excellent for highly detailed graphic prints. DC Blue Emulsion works with plastisol and UV inks systems. Once diazo is added to the emulsion the product has a 1-month shelf life.
*This emulsion comes with a packet of diazo.
- Great for high definition graphic prints
- Quick exposure time
- Virtually pinhole free
- Not recommended for water-based inks
- Requires the addition of diazo
- 1-month shelf life once diazo is mixed in the emulsion. 12 month shelf time without the addition of diazo
Emulsions can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take a look at our emulsion guide - Which emulsion to use?
Application: Apply DC-Blue Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dry screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques. It’s recommended you eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- 100 - 105 seconds with LED Light
- 12 - 13 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo: 1-2 weeks
- Always use distilled water to mix the Diazo sensitizer.
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
L’émulsion s’utilise super bien. Un peu liquide a ce quoi je suis habitué, mais super facile à utiliser! J’adore les instructions qui sont données avec le produit. Je recommande!
Very easy to use, does exactly as said
Best emulsion for beginners!! Has worked perfectly for me everytime
Very good emulsion recommend for beginners.
I'm gonna say I've had this product now 3 times. At first I was mad because I was trying to wash out the emulsion with no pressure washer. A big no no afterwards I bought a pressure washer and it seems to hold detail pretty well. At 16in 500w halogen at 5mins 12 sec I get a perfect image and washout. Def will be getting some more. Also a little goes a long way so you only need a 1 and 1