Ecotex® Emulsion Starter Kit is essential if you are just getting started or experiencing issues with your current emulsion. Creating an excellent stencil is the foundation of a quality print that your customers will notice. Ecotex® Textile Red is ready to use emulsion that easily exposes most light sources! Our Scoop Coater is equipped with a sharp edge that allows you to coat the screen evenly. Dial in your exposure time using the Step Wedge Exposure Calculator.
- (1) Pint Of Ecotex® Tex-Red Emulsion
- (1) 15 1/2 inch Scoop Coater
- (1) 21 Step Wedge Exposure Calculator
Trying to figure out if you really need to get that scoop coater? Visit our blog - Scoop coating for dummies!
Emulsions can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take a look at our emulsion guide - Which emulsion to use?
Application: Apply Tex Red Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dry screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques. It’s recommended you eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed. Add an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times.
- 10 - 12 seconds with LED Light
- 6.5 - 7 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo for water-based Inks: 1 week
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Perfect for every beginner!