- Ready to use - No diazo or mixing required
- Compatible with multiple ink systems - Plastisol, UV & Solvents
- Produces crisp detailed stencils on all mesh counts
- Endures long print runs without breaking down
- Long Shelf Life - 12 months+
- Important to note: Works great with DIY exposure units and professional units
Ecotex® Textile Blue Screen Printing Emulsion (TEX Blue) by Screen Print Direct® is a pre-sensitized, fast-exposing emulsion formulated for plastisol ink systems. TEX Blue Emulsion is a ready-to-use emulsion that works great with a variety of light sources making it very easy to work with for any level of printer.
- Color: Blue
- Type: Pre-sensitized Ready to Use
- Detail Quality: High
- Resistance: Solvent Resistant - No emulsion hardener is needed
- Exposure Time: Fast - See Ecotex® Emulsion Times for more info
Emulsion screen printing can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take our emulsion quiz. This quiz will help you determine which emulsion you need for the project at hand. If you want to learn more about emulsion types and decipher for yourself which emulsion is better take a look at our emulsion guide - Which Emulsion To Use?
1. Apply AP Blue Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques.
Note: Keep in mind you need to eliminate any UV light from entering the room. Work under yellow or red light to ensure the emulsion does not start the emulsion process early.
2. Allow the emulsion to dry on the screen, shirt side down, until dry to the touch. We recommend letting the emulsion dry overnight. Drying specifications can be found below.
3. Expose Emulsion. Time will vary depending on the unit, we have recommended times below. If not using the units mentioned below we highly recommend using an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times faster than a trial and error method. You can find exposure calculators here.
4. Once you have printed with your screen clean the ink off the screen with Plastisol Press Wash or Plastisol Screen Wash, differences are detailed below. If you plan on reusing this stencil do not reclaim it. If you are done with this stencil, reclaim the screen with Ecotex Emulsion Remover. Do not leave remover on the screen longer than a minute or the emulsion will lock onto the screen. For more instructions on emulsion remover please visit the listing.
Tex Blue Emulsion Exposure Time:
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed.
- 10 – 12 seconds with 80W LED Light
- Light source 2-3 inches away from the screen
- Light source under the screen and artwork
- 6.5 - 7 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- Light 14-15 inches away from the screen
- Light source suspended above the screen
Elements that affect exposure time:
- Humidity - When handling emulsion keep levels of humidity under 40%, if the climate doesn't allow for this, use a humidifier.
- Mesh Count
- Low mesh exposes slower. High mesh exposes faster
- White mesh exposes faster. Yellow mesh exposes faster
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo for water-based Inks: 1 week
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, the emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
have not tried other brand. because I haven’t had any issues with it. I would recommend it
Coming from a amateurs perspective this emulsion is so easy to work with. I'm not working with the best equipment but it still does an outstanding job in giving great detail from the burned transparency, to washing off to expose the burned area, to power washing off the emulsion so the the screen can be reused. I've tried other emulsions but this one has been the best to work with so far. Would highly recommend it to amateurs pursuing a garage style print shop.
Great service and very knowledgeable
I'm sure there is better products out there but this emulsion is absolutely fantastic. Cleans up quick, keeps awesome details.
So far, great
I use water based inks primarily, and printing is a hobbie for me, so finding an emulsion that was easy to use and didn’t go bad in 8 weeks is an excellent find.