High Viscosity Textile Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is a pre-sensitized, ready-to-use emulsion formulated for plastisol ink systems. Tex-Red HV Emulsion creates a thicker stencil than your standard emulsion.
- Excellent print definition on any mesh
- Works with plastisol ink systems
- Pre-sensitized emulsion
- Thick stencil
- Durable for long print runs
- Virtually pinhole free
- Diazo not required
- 12-month shelf life
Emulsions can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take a look at our emulsion guide - Which emulsion to use?
Application: Apply Tex Red HV Emulsion to a clean, degreased, and dry screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques. It’s recommended you eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed. Add an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times.
- 13 – 15 seconds with LED Light
- 7.5 - 8 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo for water-based Inks: 1 week
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I was having trouble shooting screens with other emulsions until I found Ecotex's TEX-RED-HV. I apply a coat to the print side and a coat to the squeegee side and have the screens dry for about 7-8 hours. I use a 500W halogen light about 15 inches from the screen and it takes no longer than 3 min to burn a perfect stencil. Using my shower head this emulsion washes out in no time without much pressure. Since switching over to this emulsion I can now feel confident with my home set-up. So glad to have found my go-to emulsion.
I’ve bought this off Amazon before and it worked great. That’s why I got a gallon this time. Only thing is they sent me the wrong color. Doesn’t really make a difference to me so I kept it but just thought you should know. (I ordered red and got blue)
works well, took me some time to really dial it in but once I did, works like a charm
Great stuff a little rough when reclaiming but does it’s job I will continue to order
This was my first time using high viscosity emulsion. It was a bit irritating at first because I didn't realize just how quickly it starts to dry out. However, once I got used to it, no issues at all. So far, the exposure time with my 50W(350W equivalent) LED seems to be between 25-30 minutes with the bulb 12-14 inches from the screen. The one real complaint I have is that the instructions on the container say to pry the lid off with a coin. I quickly discovered this to be quite difficult and frustrating. Use a flathead screwdriver instead ;)