Ecotex® PWR Water Resistant Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is a purple, pre-sensitized, water-resistant emulsion used for water-based and plastisol ink systems. PWR is a ready-to-use emulsion that is ultra-fast exposing and highly durable.
- Pre-sensitized emulsion
- Works with water-based and plastisol ink systems
- Virtually pinhole free
- Ultra-fast exposing
- No diazo required
- 12-month shelf life
Emulsions can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take a look at our emulsion guide - Which emulsion to use?
Application: Apply to clean, degreased, and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques. It’s recommended you eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- 12 seconds with LED Light
- 8 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Wow! I have been struggling with finding the right emulsion and I think this is it! it is very light and it is more resistant in between washes
Only emulsion to work for me. Sticking with it
I switched to this from using another Emulsion and I can say this stuff is amazing and was easy for me to dial in my exposure times. Highly recommend
Caveat: This is the first and only emulsion I have used. I really like this emulsion. I have nothing to compare it to, but it has worked well for me. It started with trying to expose with sunlight, not the best due to lack of control, and after some discussion with customer service they encouraged me to use the work lamp method. Good results from that, around 7.5-8min exposure times. I built an LED exposure table and my exposure time is 16 sec. Clean and crisp exposures and washout (I use a garden hose without problem). Have not had issues with pinholes. I have used this emulsion to print Speedball water based fabric and poster ink, SPD water and plastisol fabric ink, and Nazdar waterbased 4700 ink on paper, vinyl, and various fabric materials. All print great and no issues with cleanup. This has worked so well for me I am not sure I will try a different emulsion.
Great smooth coating, but even better is how easy it is to work with. Held great detail with halftones, and fine detail