Ecotex® Blue Textile Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is a pre-sensitized, fast exposing emulsion formulated for plastisol ink systems. Blue textile emulsion is a ready-to-use emulsion works great with a variety of light sources making it very easy to work with for any level of printer.
- Excellent print definition on any mesh
- Works with plastisol ink systems
- Pre-sensitized emulsion
- Easy to work with for all printers
- Virtually pinhole free
- Diazo not required
- 12-month shelf life
Emulsions can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take a look at our emulsion guide - Which emulsion to use?
Application: Apply to clean, degreased and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques. It’s recommended you eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed. Add an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times.
- 10 - 12 seconds with LED Light
- 6.5 - 7 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo for water-based Inks: 1 weeks
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure screen is completely dry before coating emulsion
- Make sure emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Great service and very knowledgeable
I'm sure there is better products out there but this emulsion is absolutely fantastic. Cleans up quick, keeps awesome details.
I use water based inks primarily, and printing is a hobbie for me, so finding an emulsion that was easy to use and didn’t go bad in 8 weeks is an excellent find.
I've tried other emulsions and so far this is my favorite. It seems to have a larger range of times that work, i.e., the exposure times are more forgiving if it's off a little.
Works great and goes on perfectly! I use a 500 watt light that i got from home depot for now at 16 inches away and it washes out nicely where its supposed to. Very happy with Screen Print Direct. :)