- Extremely Durable - 2 Part Emulsion - Diazo Required & Included
- Compatible with water-based inks
- Produces crisp detailed stencils on all mesh counts
- Endures long print runs without breaking down
- Long Shelf Life - 12 months+ if unmixed. Once mixed with emulsion product is good on the shelf for 3 weeks.
- Important to note: Do not use with a weak light source or blacklights
Ecotex® Water-Resistant Blue Emulsion (WR Blue) by Screen Print Direct® is the ultimate diazo emulsion for screen printing. This two-part emulsion is highly resistant to plastisol & water-based inks. An ultra-durable solution designed for long print runs because it is extremely water-resistant. Perfect emulsion for screen printing posters with water-based ink and textile printing with water-based and discharge inks. Before use, diazo must be added and allowed to activate the emulsion. Once the diazo has been mixed it is ready for use. Apply to clean, degreased, and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques. Reclaiming Ecotex® WR Blue emulsion is easy with Ecotex® Emulsion Remover.
NOTE: This emulsion includes diazo activator.
- Color: Blue
- Type: 2 Part Emulsion - Diazo Required
- Detail Quality: High
- Resistance: Water-Resistant - No emulsion hardener is needed
- Exposure Time: Extremely Fast with LED exposure unit
Helpful Hints To Ensure Your Emulsion Lasts Longer Once Mixed:
- Always use distilled water to mix the Diazo sensitizer.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced.
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks.
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life.
- For long runs of over 1,000 shirts – use Ecotex® Emulsion Hardener to extend the life of your stencil.
- To ensure best results, date your emulsion once mixed and keep an extra container on hand once the emulsion is about to expire*
Emulsion for screen printing can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take our emulsion quiz. This quiz will help you determine which emulsion you need for the project at hand. If you want to learn more about emulsion types and decipher for yourself which emulsion is better take a look at our emulsion guide - Which Emulsion To Use?
1. Add 50%-75% of distilled water to your packet of diazo and shake the container. DO NOT use tap water.
2. Pour mixed contents into WR-Blue and stir in diazo making sure it is blended evenly.
3. Apply WR Blue Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques.
Note: Keep in mind you need to eliminate any UV light from entering the room. Work under yellow or red light to ensure the emulsion does not start the emulsion process early.
4. Allow the emulsion to dry on the screen, shirt side down, until dry to the touch. We recommend letting the emulsion dry overnight. Drying specifications can be found below.
5. Expose Emulsion. Time will vary depending on the unit, we have recommended times below. If not using the units mentioned below we highly recommend using an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times faster than a trial and error method. You can find exposure calculators here.
6. Once you have printed with your screen clean the ink off the screen with Water-based Press Wash, differences are detailed below. If you plan on reusing this stencil do not reclaim it. If you are done with this stencil, reclaim the screen with Ecotex Emulsion Remover. Do not leave remover on the screen longer than a minute or the emulsion will lock onto the screen. For more instructions on emulsion remover please visit the listing.
Ecotex® WR Blue Emulsion Exposure Time:
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed.
- 80 - 90 seconds with 80W LED Light
- Light source 2-3 inches away from the screen
- Light source under the screen and artwork
- 12 - 13 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- Light 14-15 inches away from the screen
- Light source suspended above the screen
Elements that affect exposure time:
- Humidity - When handling emulsion for screen printing keep levels of humidity under 40%, if the climate doesn't allow for this, use a humidifier.
- Mesh Count
- Low mesh exposes slower. High mesh exposes faster
- White mesh exposes faster. Yellow mesh exposes faster
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo: 3 weeks
- Always use distilled water to mix the Diazo sensitizer.
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure the emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customers that Bought This item Also Bought
Easy and Consistent
I strictly use water-based inks and this emulsion holds up very well for lots of prints. I can wash the screen and use it again and again without compromising the stencil. And when I'm ready to reclaim the screen, the emulsion washes out easily with the right emulsion remover and a good pressure washer. With one quart, I think I can coat about 40 screens.
Love this emulsion
I used a screen exposure calculator and it was on point. Image was clear and no pin holes. Bless
Have not received yet!
Waiting for it to come in still
ill be real
I haven't used it yet the shipping got delayed which I know isn't in your control but I was waiting on this for up qwords of 10 days.
don�t buy if you cant use up VERY soon
i bought this thinking the description fit exactly what i was looking for, but after purchasing i was looking for more detailed instructions on mixing the diazo on screen printing direct's website and only there do they say the shelf life is one week after activation. so i returned it because i am one small person who could not possibly find enough screens in the world to coat in one week and use up the whole pint. the only reason i give it 3 stars is because i couldn't actually use it for my personal needs, i have no idea well the product works. though i shipped out my return on december 29th and it still says it hasn't reached its return destination, which should be domestic so i don't know how it's not even there yet. hoping the customer service is good and they get back soon cause it's been a pretty disappointing experience so far.