- Ready to use - No diazo or mixing required
- Compatible with multiple ink systems - Plastisol, Water-based, UV and Solvent Inks
- Produces crisp detailed stencils on all mesh counts
- Endures long print runs without breaking down
- Long Shelf Life - 12 months+
- Works with all light exposure units
Ecotex® PWR Water Resistant Screen Printing Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is a pre-sensitized, water-resistant, screen printing photo emulsion used for water-based and plastisol ink systems. PWR is a ready-to-use screen printing photo emulsion that is ultra-fast exposing and highly durable.
- Color: Purple
- Type: Pre-sensitized Ready to Use
- Detail Quality: High
- Resistance: Solvent Resistant - No emulsion hardener is needed
- Exposure Time: Fast - See exposure times here - Ecotex® Emulsion Times
Screen printing photo emulsion screen printing can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take our emulsion quiz. This quiz will help you determine which emulsion you need for the project at hand. If you want to learn more about emulsion types and decipher for yourself which emulsion is better take a look at our emulsion guide - Which Emulsion To Use?
1. Apply PWR Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques.
Note: Keep in mind you need to eliminate any UV light from entering the room. Work under yellow or red light to ensure the emulsion does not start the emulsion process early.
2. Allow the emulsion to dry on the screen, shirt side down, until dry to the touch. We recommend letting the emulsion dry overnight. Drying specifications can be found below.
3. Expose Emulsion. Time will vary depending on the unit, we have recommended times below. If not using the units mentioned below we highly recommend using an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times faster than a trial and error method. You can find exposure calculators here.
4. Once you have printed with your screen clean the ink off the screen with Plastisol Press Wash or Plastisol Screen Wash, differences are detailed below. If you plan on reusing this stencil do not reclaim it. If you are done with this stencil, reclaim the screen with Ecotex Emulsion Remover. Do not leave remover on the screen longer than a minute or the emulsion will lock onto the screen. For more instructions on emulsion remover please visit the listing.
Ecotex® PWR Emulsion Exposure Time:
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed.
- 12 seconds with 80W LED Light
- Light source 2-3 inches away from the screen
- Light source under the screen and artwork
- 8 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- Light 14-15 inches away from the screen
- Light source suspended above the screen
Elements that affect exposure time:
- Humidity - When handling emulsion keep levels of humidity under 40%, if the climate doesn't allow for this, use a humidifier.
- Mesh Count
- Low mesh exposes slower. High mesh exposes faster
- White mesh exposes faster. Yellow mesh exposes faster
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure the screen printing photo emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customers that Bought This item Also Bought
This Emulsion works great for my water base screen printing. I would continue to purchase this item until something better comes along.
Ecotex® PWR Water Resistant Screen Printing Emulsion
Great emulsion to work with
Our new favorite!!
We used to order from Ryonet but they recently switched all their emulsion to what seems to be a lower quality. This PWR emulsion is AMAZING!! We love it, dried fast & holds up through larger runs with water based ink. So thankful to have found this replacement, we’ll never switch!
Very good coating No pinholes A bit tacky but good ink deposit prints On tees
Had to do some sleuthing for the correct exposure time
The exposure time on the tub are for LED are for UV exposure units, not single bulbs. I got a 9w UV LED from Screenprinting.com and had some issues with exposure, because the other time is for a 500w halogen bulb. So the times listed aren't really for small home operations. Luckily Michelle A down in the reviews said they used a 20w UV LED bulb for 28 seconds, so using some quick maths I figured out my exposure time of 62 seconds for my 9w bulb. This can be for small home studios, if you can dig for a conversion and remember middle school conversion problems. Worked great after 3 tries with wrong exposures! yes yes, I know I could of used an exposure calculator but I don't have one so math it was