- Ready to use - No diazo or mixing required
- Compatible with multiple ink systems - Plastisol, UV & Solvents
- Produces crisp detailed stencils on all mesh counts
- Endures long print runs without breaking down
- Long Shelf Life - 12 months+
- Important to note: Do not use with a weak light source or blacklights
Ecotex® AP Blue Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is an all-purpose ready-to-use photo emulsion that holds excellent detail. Ecotex® Emulsion is a pre-sensitized photo emulsion that works with UV and plastisol ink systems. Our photo emulsion works great with most exposure units. We do not recommend this photo emulsion with a weak light source/DIY unit or an exposure unit that uses black light.
- Color: Blue
- Type: Pre-sensitized Ready to Use
- Detail Quality: High
- Resistance: Solvent Resistant - No emulsion hardener is needed
- Exposure Time: Extremely Fast with LED exposure unit
Photo emulsion screen printing can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take our emulsion quiz. This quiz will help you determine which emulsion you need for the project at hand. If you want to learn more about emulsion types and decipher for yourself which emulsion is better take a look at our emulsion guide - Which Emulsion To Use?
1. Apply AP Blue Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dried screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques.
Note: Keep in mind you need to eliminate any UV light from entering the room. Work under yellow or red light to ensure the photo emulsion does not start the emulsion process early.
2. Allow the emulsion to dry on the screen, shirt side down, until dry to the touch. We recommend letting the photo emulsion dry overnight. Drying specifications can be found below.
3. Expose Emulsion. Time will vary depending on the unit, we have recommended times below. If not using the units mentioned below we highly recommend using an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times faster than a trial and error method. You can find exposure calculators here.
4. Once you have printed with your screen clean the ink off the screen with Plastisol Press Wash or Plastisol Screen Wash, differences are detailed below. If you plan on reusing this stencil do not reclaim it. If you are done with this stencil, reclaim the screen with Ecotex Emulsion Remover. Do not leave remover on the screen longer than a minute or the emulsion will lock onto the screen. For more instructions on photo emulsion remover please visit the listing.
AP Blue Emulsion Exposure Time:
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed.
- 10 – 12 seconds with 80W LED Light
- Light source 2-3 inches away from the screen
- Light source under the screen and artwork
- 6.5 - 7 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- Light 14-15 inches away from the screen
- Light source suspended above the screen
Elements that affect exposure time:
- Humidity - When handling emulsion keep levels of humidity under 40%, if the climate doesn't allow for this, use a humidifier.
- Mesh Count
- Low mesh exposes slower. High mesh exposes faster
- White mesh exposes faster. Yellow mesh exposes faster
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo for water-based Inks: 1 week
✔️Pro Tips for Photo Emulsion Screen Printing:
- Prep your screen before coating it with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure the photo emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, the emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Good all purpose
Great newtimer experience
Super easy to work with. I found this emulsion to be a bit more forgiving than the descriptions lead you to believe. But it could also be beginner's luck ;)
Help make a great stencil
My son is learning about screen printing. This product works great nice solid stencil