- Extremely - 2 Part Emulsion - Requires Emulsion
- Our best emulsion for highly detailed graphic print stencils
- Compatible with multiple ink systems - Plastisol, UV & Solvents
- Produces crisp detailed stencils on all mesh counts
- Endures long print runs without breaking down
- Long Shelf Life - 12 months+. Once mixed with Diazo 3 weeks
- Important to note: Not recommended for water-based inks
Ecotex® Dual Cure “DC Blue” Screen Printing Emulsion by Screen Print Direct® is a fast exposing emulsion that requires the addition of diazo. This 2-part emulsion is excellent for highly detailed graphic prints. DC Blue Emulsion works with plastisol and UV inks systems. Once diazo is added to the emulsion the product has a 1-month shelf life.
*This emulsion comes with a packet of diazo.
- Color: Blue
- Type: 2 Part Emulsion. Diazo Required
- Detail Quality: High
- Resistance: Solvent Resistant - No emulsion hardener is needed
- Exposure Time: Extremely Fast with LED exposure unit
Emulsion can be tricky and if you still need help trying to find out which is right for you take our emulsion quiz. This quiz will help you determine which emulsion you need for the project at hand. If you want to learn more about emulsion types and decipher for yourself which emulsion is better take a look at our emulsion guide - Which Emulsion To Use?
1. Add 50%-75% of distilled water to your packet of diazo and shake the container. DO NOT use tap water.
2. Pour mixed contents into DC Blue and stir in diazo making sure it is blended evenly.
3. Apply Ecotex® DC Blue Emulsion to clean, degreased, and dried the screen with a scoop coater. Be sure to use appropriate application techniques.
Note: Keep in mind you need to eliminate any UV light from entering the room. Work under yellow or red light to ensure the emulsion does not start the emulsion process early.
4. Allow the emulsion to dry on the screen, shirt side down, until dry to the touch. We recommend letting the emulsion dry overnight. Drying specifications can be found below.
5. Expose Emulsion. Time will vary depending on the unit, we have recommended times below. If not using the units mentioned below we highly recommend using an exposure calculator to help dial in exposure times faster than a trial and error method. You can find exposure calculators here.
6. Once you have printed with your screen clean the ink off the screen with Water-based Press Wash, differences are detailed below. If you plan on reusing this stencil do not reclaim it. If you are done with this stencil, reclaim the screen with Ecotex Emulsion Remover. Do not leave remover on the screen longer than a minute or the emulsion will lock onto the screen. For more instructions on emulsion remover please visit the listing.
Ecotex® DC Pink Emulsion Exposure Time:
Exposure times may vary, start using the times provided below and make adjustments to time if needed.
- 100 - 105 seconds with 80W LED Light
- Light source 2-3 inches away from the screen
- Light source under the screen and artwork
- 12 - 13 minutes with 500w Halogen Light
- Light 14-15 inches away from the screen
- Light source suspended above the screen
- 86 ° to 104 °F (30 ° to 40 °C)
- 30% to 50% humidity
- Good Air Circulation
Shelf Life & Storage:
- 12 months if not exposed to extreme weather conditions or exposed to light
- Mixed with diazo: 3 weeks
- Always use distilled water to mix the Diazo sensitizer.
- Prep your screen before coating with Ecotex® Hyper Haze
- Eliminate any UV light from entering the room and work under a yellow light.
- Use the sharp edge of your scoop coater
- Make sure the screen is completely dry before coating the emulsion
- Make sure the emulsion is completely dry before printing
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life
- Write down the day you opened the emulsion on the bottle to better keep track of your chemicals.
- Keep in a cool area, emulsion will break down much faster in heat. Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customers that Bought This item Also Bought
Worked great, recommended, will purchase again
I had an issue with the diazo packet on a recent batch and customer service very quickly sent a replacement at no charge. They handled the issue the way that a quality company should.
L’émulsion s’utilise super bien. Un peu liquide a ce quoi je suis habitué, mais super facile à utiliser! J’adore les instructions qui sont données avec le produit. Je recommande!
Great and easy to use
Very easy to use, does exactly as said
Best emulsion for beginners!! Has worked perfectly for me everytime